Job title: Competition Secretary (voluntary)
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY FILLED
Accountable to: Club Committee & Head Coach
Additional requirements: CRB Check through TMBSC.
Skills required: Well organised, communication skills, administration skills.
Time commitment: Minimum 2 hours per week + attendance at meetings and galas.
1. Responsible for the compilation and management of the club’s 12 month gala fixtures (in conjunction with the Team Manager and Head Coach).
2. To coordinate Club Helpers who assist in the organisation of the Club’s competitions.
3. Issue gala invitations for inter club galas and maintaining list of attendees, returning acceptance slips to other clubs.
4. Issue fixtures lists to all club officers, officials, swimmers and notice boards annually.
5. Liaise with Club Secretary regarding the booking of pool/transport for all gala dates.
6. Maintain list of officials and helpers.
7. Organise all officials and helpers for all club competitions.
8. Assist the Head Coach to implement a reward scheme for all members based on the current ASA model. Include Water Skill awards, ASA Challenge awards, National Teaching Plan Levels 1 - 12, Distance and Speed Awards. Ensure all first time competitors for the club have achieved the ASA Competitive Start Award.
9. Assist the Head Coach, along with the Team Manager & Assistant Coaches in organising internal club galas, in which all members of the club have a chance of gaining rewards for their efforts.
10. Attend at least one Personal Development Review every year with either, the Chairman, Vice chairman, Secretary, Treasurer or Head Coach.
11. To attend a minimum of 50% of committee meetings per year.
12. To ensure that the Club achieves and maintains the standards required for Swim21 accreditation.
13. To follow and promote the ASA Code of Ethics.
14. To follow and promote the Clubs Code of Conduct.
15. To follow and promote the ASA Child Protection policy.