Trafford Metropolitan Borough Swimming Club (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the Data Controller is the Trafford Metropolitan Swimming Club of Sale Leisure Centre, Broad Road, Sale M33.
DATA PROTECTION REGISTRATION
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms and providing other information (whether electronically by email or manually or otherwise) which you provide to any of our officers, coaches or volunteers. This includes information provided when:
- Registering for events
- Subscribing for membership
- Posting material
- Entering a competition (which may include medical information about you which is collected purely for the purpose of ensuring your health and safety when competing and which will not be transferred to any third party save as specifically authorised by you or in a medical emergency).
- Reporting a problem
- Providing payment details
- Emergency contact details
- Relevant medical information about you
- Information about any relevant impairments that you may have.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. The purpose of any survey will be explained.
- Details of transactions you carry out through us and of the fulfilment of any orders or requirements.
Our website is set up to provide members and the public with relevant information about TMBSC.
It includes details of recent achievements of our members and results and times of individual members from recent events. It does not contain any further personal data about the members. The website is not set up to allow transactions to be carried out through the website. It is available generally on the world wide web. We do not have any part of the website that is secure to members only.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, sponsors advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Information you provide to us is stored securely with the exception of the information noted above which is available on the website. .
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our club, its membership or the services it provides and the events that it promotes.
- Where any relevant medical conditions, physical or mental impairments are disclosed to ensure, in consultation with you, that these factors are taken in to consideration in relation to your swimming training and other activities within the club. All such data shall be treated as sensitive data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we or substantially all of our assets are transferred to a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our members will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our members, officers, volunteers, suppliers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.